We come together and knit for a variety of reasons:
* to show solidarity, through our knitted gifts, with others working for the goals of the occupy movement
* to establish lines of communication with other occupy groups
* to occupy public space in a peaceful, productive way
* to maintain the visibility of Occupy Berkeley and show the vigor of our movement in the wake of many camps being dismantled
* to encourage and enjoy interesting conversation
* to practice and celebrate textile crafts that have brought beauty and warmth to people's lives for millennia
Come join us and tell us why you knit!